Our Commitment to Keeping Patients and Employees Safe
Outpatient rehabilitation is one of the essential healthcare services that has been permitted and encouraged to continue to operate in order to keep our patients healthy and out of hospital and emergency room settings that cannot currently handle the capacity.
MOTI is open for in-person treatment, for both existing patients and new patients.
We want to take the opportunity to share more details about the comprehensive measures MOTI has taken while we continue to serve our community, including the implementation of a secure telemedicine option for individuals who want to complete their treatment remotely.
MOTI has expanded our services to provide HIPAA compliant telehealth e-visits for patients, both existing and new. We encourage patients to visit our Telemedicine page to learn more. Patients can request an appointment online, or call our office to request a telehealth appointment. Our teams are ready to assist expediting care to those that need it. Please note there are some telehealth restrictions with treating the Medicare population and these will be discussed with patients at time of call.
In Clinic Treatment
Patients may receive treatment in person at MOTI during this time. We have adopted policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
PATIENT & STAFF SCREENING
Patients and staff coming to MOTI for in person treatment will be asked screening questions every day that they come in:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus?
- Have you had close contact with a person confirmed to have the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- Have you experienced respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath in the past 7 days?
If the answer is yes to either of these questions, we will require 14 days of quarantine after you recover from the virus or after your exposure to the infected person.
PERSONAL PROTECTION & HYGIENE
All patients and staff will follow this procedure upon arrival to MOTI. Your PT will not see you until you have completed these steps:
- enter wearing mask, and wear mask at all times inside the facility
- wash hands for at least 20 seconds and then put on disposable gloves provided by MOTI
- forehead will be scanned with infrared thermometer to check temperature (any person with a body temperature above 99.0 will be asked to go home)
**Physical Therapists will wash their hands and change disposable gloves before every single patient
- We are limiting the number of people in our locations. We ask for your cooperation in maintaining punctuality. To keep minimal persons in the facility at once, we ask that you enter the facility at the time of your appointment.
- We are keeping patients separate from each other as much as possible. We have separated waiting area chairs and treatment tables by at least 6 feet. Furthermore, we have taped off separate movement areas in our open exercise spaces. Each person will practice their therapeutic exercises programs in these designated areas.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- We have increased our cleaning frequency to take extra precautions. We sanitize equipment and surfaces patients contact throughout the day. All equipment is wiped down after every use using 2XL Disinfecting Force Wipes. The disinfectant in this product meets the current standards set by the EPA, OSHA, and the CDC to sanitize against hardier viruses than 2019-nCoV.